Recrutement au Bureau de la Banque mondiale en Algérie mars 2014
JOB TITLE: Operations Analyst
JOB FAMILY: Operational Services
JOB TYPE: Professional & Technical
LOCATION: Algiers, Algeria
RECRUITMENT TYPE: Local Hire
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: English [Essential]; French [Essential]; Arabic [Desired]
CLOSING DATE: 04-Apr-2014
Background / General description:
The Middle East and North Africa Region of the World Bank serves 20 client countries, of which 11 are active IBRD/IDA borrowers (Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia and Yemen), one active TF beneficiary (West Bank and Gaza) and eight are using the Region’s non-lending services, mostly on a reimbursable basis (Algeria, Bahrain, Kuwait, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates).
The mission of MNA is to foster sustainable growth with a focus on job creation and poverty reduction, economic and social inclusion, and good governance with attention to cross-cutting dimensions of regional integration, private sector development, and gender. This is an especially interesting yet demanding time to work on MNA, which offers the opportunity to contribute to innovative solutions in response to the call of the “Arab Awakening” across many of the Region’s countries.
The MENA region includes five Country Departments (CMUs), the Marseille Center for Mediterranean Integration (MNCMI), four Sector Departments (SMUs), the Regional Strategy and Programs Unit (MNARS), the Office of the Regional Chief Economist, and the Operations Core Services unit (MNAOS). CMUs are accountable for the overall country program, consistent with objectives articulated in the Country Assistance/Partnership Strategy (CAS/CPS/ISNs).
MNC01 is the Country Management Unit for the Maghreb countries (Algeria, Libya, Malta, Morocco and Tunisia) in the Middle East and North Africa Region of the World Bank. Its key functions are to set the strategy for the Bank's cooperation with these countries, and to oversee the quality of lending and non-lending activities and resource management of programs supported by the Algiers, Rabat, Tripoli and Tunis Offices. MNCA1 is a small anchor unit, staffed with a Country Program Coordinator, a Senior Country Officer, a Resource Management Analyst, and a Program Assistant; a Country Director and a Sr. Country Officer are based in Rabat. The Bank office in Algiers, CO-housed with the International Finance Corporation (IFC), is managed by a Resident Representative and it also includes a Program Assistant. A new Country Partnership Strategy for Algeria for 2011-14 endorsed by the Board in Feb. 2011 supports technical assistance and studies mainly financed by the Government through Reimbursable Advisory Services (RAS) reporting to the Resident Representative, the Operations Analyst will provide substantive operational, research, and analytical to the Country Management Unit and Sector Units.
The MNA Region attaches particular importance to creating a supportive work environment, based on the values of teamwork, transparency, trust, client service and professional excellence. MNA staff is expected to be guided by these values as well as to possess the following attributes:
- Collegiality, creativeness, resourcefulness
- Good listening and communications skills
- Intellectual and personal integrity and competence
- Willingness and ability to work in teams
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Contribute to Bank program on day-to-day basis, i.e. participation in specific RAS and analytical activities; participation in designing and drafting of specific documents.
- Monitor the country's active and pipeline portfolio, i.e. ensure timely update of program documentation at all stages, its consistency with regional bankwide operational guidelines, etc.
- Ensure day-to-day interaction with the Government officials and staff to ensure efficient dialogue on program matters; also, prepare for and ensure follow-up to meetings of interest to the CMU and sector programs.
- Serve as Client Connection Champion.
- Provide substantive research and analytical support, including contribution to briefing materials, portfolio summary notes, and monitoring tables for specific targets, etc.
- Prepare management reports at the request of senior staff of analytical and advisory work of consultants.
- Provide operational support to the Bank missions (preparation, contacting and following-up with relevant Government officials), conducting necessary preparation work prior to the missions arrival including contacts and discussion with client representatives; participation in and organization of workshops and round-tables upon sectors' requests.
- MA MS in a relevant discipline (in economics, finance, business administration, social science or other field related to development);
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English. Arabic would be an advantage
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively manage complex tasks and ability to function effectively in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Advanced computer skills and full proficiency in the use of relevant software applications.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to prepare, present and discuss findings in written and oral form.
- Portfolio Management: Assists and organizes portfolio reviews; prepares portfolio motoring reports, and follow-up on portfolio.
- Analytical and Technical Skills, Operational Strategy Development & Advice Solid theoretical base with relevance for specific Bank network recognized Sector or Theme.
- Operational Project Management Participates in the review of bidding documents, evaluation reports, safeguard studies, draft fiduciary, safeguard and GAC assessments, and implementation progress reports, and in the development updates of procurement plans and action plans.
- Client Orientation. Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Drive for Results. Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
- Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others.